This is the Access Statement for River Cottage Keswick.
River Cottage is a five star VisitBritain accredited self catering cottage.
We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call 017687 72436 or e-mail [email protected]
We look forward to welcoming you.
- Telephone, e-mail and web contact is available at all times.
- Bookings can be made by telephone, e-mail or post.
- The cottage is 600 metres from the town centre.
- The nearest bus stop is 20 metres from the entrance.
- The nearest train station is Penrith. Taxi and bus services are available.
3. Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
There is off-road parking for two cars immediately outside the cottage.
4. Main Entrance & Reception
- There is a front entrance with one step up to the front door.
- There is a rear entrance via the garden.
- Both entrances are on level areas – the front is tarmac and the rear is slate chippings.
- There is external lighting at the front and rear of the property.
- The reception room incorporates the dining area with ample space to move freely around the furniture.
5. Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Guests are advised of all fire exits and procedures. Fire Risk assessment document in place. All fire alarms are mains operated and interconnected.
- The cottage has a level ground floor area with a step up from the entrance hall to the inner hall, and one step up to the Kitchen and another step up to the foot of the stairs.
- A short flight of three steps leads to a half landing, there it turns and a further eleven steps lead to the first floor where there is the main bathroom and two bedrooms.
- All rooms are fully carpeted with the exception of the bathrooms and Kitchen.
- Telephone and a wi-fi internet connection are installed.
6. Dining Room and Lounge
- This area is open plan and is lit via wall, ceiling and table lamps.
- The dining table is rectangular with four chairs of standard height and no arm rests.
- There are two double sofas, both with arm rests.
- Television with teletext and a DVD are provided.
- Bedrooms are accessed by a short flight of stairs from the ground floor. There are three steps, a half landing and 11 further steps to the first floor.
- One bedroom has a six foot super king bed which can be converted into two single beds. The other bedroom has a kingsize bed.
- All bedroom furniture is of standard height.
- Lighting is provided by ceiling and table lamps
- The main bathroom is on the first floor and has waterproof slate effect flooring.
- There are two steps down to this bathroom. There is a freestanding oval shaped bath.
- The shower room on the ground floor has a walk-in shower.
- All furniture is of standard height.
- All taps are lever operated.
9. Kitchen and Garden Room
- The kitchen is accessed from the ground floor with one step up to antique oak flooring.
- Worktops are standard height.
- Undercounter units include washing machine with tumble dryer, electric Rangemaster oven and a dishwasher. There is an integrated fridge freezer.
- There is a Diva mixer tap with Corian sink at standard height.
- There are two sofas and a coffee table in the Garden Room and it is easy to move freely around the furniture.
10. Grounds and Garden
- The rear garden is accessed via the Garden Room.
- The ground is covered with slate chippings. There are are multiple plant tubs/troughs, trees and a raised patio area with table and chairs.
- At the front, there is a small slate chipping area with plants in the middle.
11. Useful Numbers
- Tourist information Centre: 017687 72645
- Local accessible taxis (Davis): 017687 72676
- Local bus company (Stagecoach): 0871 200 22 33
- Keswick Hospital: 017687 67000
- Keswick Motor Company (Hire of mobility scooters): 017687 72064
- Keswick Mountain Bikes: 017687 75202
12. Contact Information
Diane or Stephen at Stonegarth Guest House, 2 Eskin Street, Keswick CA12 4DH
Telephone 017687 72436 or email [email protected]